Useful information on coping with brain injury and caring for people with a brain injury:
- Basic brain information – Overview of the brain
- Becoming a carer – When your relative comes home there may be many new challenges to face
- Coping with Memory problems – Practical Strategies – Strategies to help you if you are living with memory problems
- Relationships – Brain injury can radically alter the dynamics of families and relationships
- The effects of brain injury – A brief guide to some of the common effects
- The early stages after brain injury – The period immediately following your relative’s brain injury is a frightening and confusing time. The outcome can be very uncertain and it will probably be the first time you will have had any experience of brain injury.
These fact sheets are used with the permission of Headway UK, more fact sheets can be found here.